Friday, December 9, 2016

Famous Last Words: Dead Week and Graduation


(Blank Pages in an Open Notebook via Wikimedia Commons)

For the purpose of this blog post, I would like to discuss a few topics, including other people’s writing, my other classes, and outside of school.

Other people’s writing: Throughout this week (and honestly throughout this semester overall), I have read so many incredible stories. I almost forgot how many different writing styles there were until I took this class. People sometimes wrote in first person, or wrote modern twists of older stories, or a variety of other techniques that I had never even thought to utilize before! If I had any more stories to write for this class, I think I would definitely try to use the technique of writing in first person. All of my stories that I wrote for this class were written in third person, so I think a good challenge would have been to try to write a new story in first person.


My other classes/outside of school: I am finally finishing up my final semester at OU. I am graduating one semester early, so I feel like I am not entirely ready to go into the real world, but I feel like I just kind of have to take it one day at a time and let everything fall into place. I do not have any actual final exams this semester (which is pretty typical for me because I am a journalism major so most of my “finals” are either papers or articles). I do have one take-home exam, but I feel like that does not really count as a final exam since it is open book and I do not have to study. In regards to graduating, I am in the process of finding a job. I am hoping to work where I interned at a few summers ago, but we will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment