Sunday, August 28, 2016

Growth Mindset


(Made with Cheezburger)

I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before this assignment. I know for sure that when I was growing up, I would get frustrated if I wasn't making all A's. However, as I got older, I started enjoying the challenges in my classes and would take all AP classes so that I was constantly being challenged and growing. The same goes for dance- if I wasn't being challenged, then my time was being wasted because I wasn't improving and growing. Especially when it comes to things like math, it can take me a while to understand the concepts so it just takes longer to fuller grasp them. Because of that, I have learned to be more patient when I am learning new things. I do think that keeping the growth mindset in mind and learning more about it throughout this semester would be beneficial. It has been proven to be a helpful mindset to encourage students learn more and challenge themselves more, so I would like to apply that kind of mindset towards all of my classes this semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment