Friday, August 26, 2016

My Storybook Favorites

I really enjoyed looking through all of the different Storybooks and seeing how different students utilized different methods of storytelling along with different ways of presenting their Storybooks. Below are three of my favorite Storybooks that I found while looking through the collection:

“Ghost Tales of a Traveller”: The topic isn’t something that I knew about, but I was intrigued by the title of the Storybook. At first I wasn’t sure where the Introduction of the Storybook was, because it wasn’t on the home page, but other than that I was interested in reading the stories. The layout and design of the page was good. She utilized images in her Storybook so that they added to the story instead of being distracting. The overall theme of the page worked really well with the style of the stories. My favorite aspect of this Storybook was the whole “Dear diary…” concept. It made for an interesting, constant theme throughout the Storybook.

"Homer and Garden Television": This was by far my favorite Storybook out of the collection. The content creator took a modern concept and gave it a unique twist to make it relate to this class in such a clever way. The concept/topic was familiar to me because my roommates watch HGTV pretty much on a daily basis, so I understood all of the references to the television network. The introduction did a great job of explaining the topic and catching my attention so that I wanted to go read the stories. The design of the page goes well with the theme of the Storybook topic. The author utilized images well throughout the Storybook. Overall, I thought this was such a clever idea and was very well executed. 


("The Return of Persephone" by Frederic Leighton)

"Tales of the Watering Hole"The topic was unique and interesting. The title did a good job of letting me know what the Storybook was about. The introduction helped explain the topic and made me want to read the rest of the Storybook. The design and layout of the Storybook was simple, but not boring. In regards to image usage, I personally would have placed them either in the middle of each page or at the very top instead of the very bottom, but that’s just my preference. Overall, it made for an interesting Storybook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment